Paraphrasing in the Academic World | Is it Necessary for Dissertation Writing?
Paraphrasing is one of the most common exercises practiced in academic writing. Paraphrasing is a technique that is used by high school, college, and even university students.
The main purpose of this technique is to write down already discussed concepts, ideas, and drafts in your own words. Demonstrating your understanding of a paper, reference, or idea is paraphrasing.
Paraphrasing can be used to explain difficult concepts in simple words, and you can also use this technique to avoid traces of plagiarism in your academic drafts.
As an academic writer, you must know that the paraphrasing technique is very important to learn and execute when drafting an assignment, essay, thesis, or research paper.
Paraphrasing in academic writing involves five steps. Here we have mentioned all of them in detail:
- Understanding the Reference Text: First, you must read the text/ideas that you must rephrase multiple times. If you want to rewrite content in your own words successfully, you must first understand the original/reference ideas.
- Noting down Key Points: After reading the original draft or the reference source, you must write down all the key points or main ideas in your notepad.
- Rephrasing without Referring to the Source: Once you have understood the reference and noted the key points, it is time to write your own version. To ensure originality, you have to make sure that you recompose text without referring to the source.
- Replace Words with Synonyms/Modifying Sentence Structure: When writing your version, you have to change words with synonyms and alter the reference draft’s sentence structure. This would help you avoid plagiarism/similarities with the original content.
- Always Cite Sources: Paraphrasing text or ideas in your own words doesn’t mean you own the context or the source. In academic writing, you must pay credit to the reference source by using proper citations.
Manually paraphrasing content to simplify text or removing plagiarism is not easy. If you don’t know how to rephrase the right way, there is always a chance that your version will be similar to the original text.
Plagiarism in your content is a very serious offense in the academic world. Plagiarism can result in tons of consequences; some of the common ones include the following:
- Rejection of the draft
- F grade or negative marks
- Warning letter
- Damaged credibility
- Suspension/rustication from the institute
If you don’t want to face any of these consequences, you should try modern paraphrasing tools!
What is a Paraphrasing Tool?
Paraphrasing tools are online utilities that use machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence to restate text. You have to enter text in the input box of the tool, select your desired mode and get the text rephrased automatically in seconds.
Today you can find hundreds of online paraphrasing tools listed in the SERPs of Google that can help you rewrite academic content, but!
Not all rephraser tools are capable of creating text in a human-like tone. Most online tools would only spin words with synonyms, making the output content quite artificial and hard to read.
If you want to paraphrase thesis content or dissertations, you must take help from an online paraphrasing tool which is also known as rephraser.co.
Is There a Need to Use an Online Rephraser Tool for Thesis Rephrasing?
When writing a research paper/dissertation, you must follow certain instructions from your teacher. For instance, when writing a thesis, you must ensure that your draft is extremely understandable and written in very simple language.
Also, you have to ensure that the content you have written is plagiarism-free. Dissertations must always have less than 15% of duplication in them or as per the instructions given by the teacher.
Dissertation writing can be a very hectic task. You must complete and deliver the paper on time to get it checked and rewarded.
If you have found readability issues or plagiarism in your dissertation draft, you can take help from an online paraphrasing tool instead of fixing it manually.
All you have to do is upload the duplicate or hard-to-read text in the input box of the rephraser. After inserting text as input, you must select the “Academic” mode and click the “Rephrase” button.
Using the academic mode of the rephraser tool, you can easily ensure that the in-text citations you have added to your draft are not compromised in the revision process. Also, the content generated through this mode is written in formal language and is always to the point!
The tool would scrutinize the text and recompose it in a unique style. The sentence rephraser would change words with their best possible synonyms and also tweak the structure of sentences.
The content generated by the paraphrasing tool would be unique and readable for even a fifth grader.
Benefits of Using Online Paraphrase Tool for Thesis or Dissertations!
Here we have mentioned some of the top benefits of using the online paraphrasing tool for effective thesis/dissertation writing.
When you use an online paraphrasing tool for rewriting your draft, the result generated by the tool is well-written and understandable.
The content rephrased by the online tool would be free of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, missing punctuation, and other quality issues. The rephrased content can be checked with the most top-rated text analyzer tools like Grammarly.
2. Unique Outputs
Another benefit of using the online paraphrasing tool is that you can ensure uniqueness in your thesis/dissertation.
In case you have found plagiarism in your drafts through Turnitin or other top scanners, it can be hard for you to remove duplicate content manually.
The paraphrasing tool allows you to recompose hundreds of words in an entirely different way in less than seconds. You can easily bring down the plagiarism percentage in your papers with the help of the AI-powered rephraser.
3. Saves Time
Manually paraphrasing content takes a lot of time. Rephrasing text or ideas is more time-consuming than writing a new article from scratch.
If you have a short deadline and cannot complete the rephrasing task manually, it is best to take help from the online paraphrasing tool. The online rephraser can complete the rewriting job in a flash with the same human-like quality.
Thesis or dissertation writing can be a difficult task. Maintaining quality and ensuring uniqueness can be impossible for a student without prior thesis writing experience.
Using an online paraphrasing tool ensures that their draft is free of plagiarism and quality issues. The AI-powered rephraser can help you rewrite the poorly written text in a flash without compromising the original intent.
This way, students can ensure quality submissions while meeting tight deadlines!
- Difference between a research paper, dissertation & thesis
- Urban Planning Thesis/ Research Topic Suggestions (Part 1)
- Getting started with Thesis Writing
- ‘Preferable’ Thesis Tenure Working for Students of ‘Bachelor of Planning’
- Thesis Statement | Meaning, Importance, Steps and Types
- Difference between a research paper, dissertation & thesis
- Tips for Writing a Thesis