For a company, nothing is more important than hiring and developing people because at the end of the day, you bet on people, not strategies. And as a recruiter, it is your duty to provide your company and clients with gems.
So the question arises, How do great recruiters achieve this?
Well, first if you are looking for the best, then you also need to be the best. Being a recruiter is not an easy job as it requires great skills. You must be confident enough to judge someone’s skills level, character, behavior and other qualities in a single meeting.
However, if you are an owner of a small business, start-up then you might want to consider contacting a professional manpower recruitment. And if you are new to recruiting, then there are various habits and traits that can help you become better at recruiting. In the world of HR, the right habits can help you find, recruit, and hire the top talent and drive your company to success. So here are the 10 Habits of the Most Successful Recruiters you can adopt.
- Manage your time: It gets quite important to manage your time when you have a hectic day ahead with meetings, interviews, phone calls and your personal life to maintain. The best to manage your day to day life by creating a time-table or a to-do list of things you need to do. Managing a list is a must and checking off the task you have completed can lift your spirits high. This will motivate you to work hard and complete all the task as planned. You can even overwrite your list for a single task without stress, this will just increase your productivity. And you should align the task according to your own rhythm. If are comfortable working at night then finish the desk work at night or if you are a morning person then that’s fine too. Experiment with different set-ups to work out what fits your personality best. Test and improve.
- Its all about the candidate: Well as a recruiter its important that you create an environment where both you and the can thrive. The decision to work with your company is as big for the candidate as it is for your company. When it comes to recruiting candidate experience becomes the most important thing in the world, where you have an infinite number of options just a click away. Well, technology sure has made it easy to connect with people. So when you are screening, interviewing, and making your final decision make sure to focus on the candidate or you might miss on the gem you are looking for.
- Master Your OutReach: It is said that you have judged the very second someone sees you even before you utter a single word from your mouth, based on your dress, the way you walk, Gestures, facial expression, etc. This also happens during an interview or a meeting and we are not just talking about the candidate. Yes, you are also jugged. If your outreach too casual, boring then you might just not attract the talent necessary for your company. This can make you a failure as a recruiter. The way you reach out to people can have a sensation, a buzz in there head with just a single message. So perfecting outreach gets important for a recruiter. As it is important for bringing both applicants and passive candidates in for an interview where if you share the right details, talk to the right pain points, and provide the right insight. Then you might just become your companies recruiting star.
- Get Modernized: Well, technology is making its way faster into the recruitment world. And we are sure that by now you might have also heard of websites and application to apply online. So if you are an old soul and still trying to avoid learning how to use modern tech approach, then its time you either contact a recruitment consultant or adopt modern methods. The right use of technology will increase your efficiency to work drastically and gives you an edge over other recruiters. Now about 40 to 60 percent of the students and candidates apply online for job application. So if you haven’t adopted modern methods to track down candidates, then your so-called gem or the candidate will be out there working for others.
- Go Social: We know that the social media platform is a great way of marketing. What you might not know is that it is also a great place to look for your potential employees. While the platform like LinkedIn is a great way to advertise openings, other platforms, like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, can help you show off what it’s like to work for your company. When your candidate will be aware of your companies luxurious offices, your work environment, and culture, then they are sure to fell excited. This is going to attract more applicants and increase the number of quality of employees in your company. So encourage your team to go social and show the positive aspect of your companies. With this even the candidates get to know more about you and your company does not retarded.
- Know Your Company’s Business: A professional, experienced and great recruiters are always aware of their companies business and so there needs. They are always ahead and recruit the required and talented people even before the company realizes it. For this, they need to be aware of the overall business of the company as recruitment has to be done in every department. This task is achieved by carefully monitoring companies progress, patterns, etc to develop the idea of requirement. Also, you need to be constantly in touch with all the departments and provide them with a great employee whenever they need. Being curious this way helps you work proactively to get the right talent exactly when your team is ready for it.
- Maintain Your Reputation: When you go out for recruitment it is important that you make your decision wisely because here you are not just a simple recruiter, you represent your company. Any mistake and bad behavior/decision can really stain your company’s reputation. As a recruiter, it is your responsibility that you don’t make any decision that’s going to cause any damage to your company’s repo, now or in future. Yes, this profession requires selflessness and sacrifices. Your efforts and hard work toward the employee and candidates are very frequently recognized. However, a successful recruiter makes it his habit to always look for better regardless of what others say. This will positively reflect on you and your employer for years to come. Always think long term ahead into the future.
- Make Use Of Automation Tools: Scheduling, track, and communicating with applicants, we recruiters have their plates full with work. However, with the latest automation technology, you don’t need to do everything manually. Like contacting with the applicants, there are automation tools and application available that will automatically send mail to all the shortlisted applicants. There are other works that can be done using automation and AI tools such as allowing applicants to make their own appointments or generating reports with AI. However you chose to work with automation tools, this will reduce your workload and you can focus on other important tasks that only you can handle. This is going to save a lot of your time and increase your work efficiency making your job a lot easier.
- Take Look At Referrals: If you are receiving referrals that mean that someone is looking for work or for something new. Referrals are a great way to get to know the undiscovered territory of a potential employee. They might not be the talented people you are looking for, but they sure are more experienced. Make it your habit to ask for referrals from your teammates, people from other departments, employees, friends, etc. Get the referrals before they get to you. This is much better than waiting for someone to come and recommend you. Go out ask people if they know any hardworking and experienced professional salesman, engineer, accountant, etc. Well, these are like free food and it’s hard to say no to free food.
- Do Not Get Distracted: We all hate disturbances while talking something important. During an interview, the buzzing sound from your phone is not just disturbing it is irritating. It is also considered rude if you just start answering your cell phone in between an interview. Well we recommend you to turn off your notifications to stay productive Create a schedule where you only check your email or voicemail at a specific time each day.
Author Bio: Sophia Works in a HR and Recruitment at Alliance Recruitment Agency- an IT Recruitment Agency. She specializes in helping with manpower staffing agency, hr consulting firms, international manpower services and manpower recruitment services for overseas and international businesses.