When we say intelligent home, what comes to mind is an AI-powered house where every chore is properly taken care of automatically through voice command. It is basically the kind of future that we all have been dreaming about for so long, and yet, it has not really come full circle. Sustainability is the main goal, and for smart cities to thrive in the coming years, they will need to adopt a foolproof plan for creating highly intelligent communities.
Little by little, the technologies that will make up the home of the future are being introduced. As a matter of fact, these technologies are already being applied while development and research continue exploring other horizons.
The future looks promising as property developers are now looking to create wired, lifestyle communities that touch on a need for an optimal balance between work and life. This means designing homes that are built for extra comfort and convenience.
Let’s take a look at some of the exciting tech that will definitely define future life 10 years from now.
- AI Assistants: You can never be cool unless you have your very own virtual assistant to help you manage your hectic schedule and make sure you’re all set for the day. One thing is for sure, Google Assistant and Siri were first marketed as mobile productivity until development covered a wider application in terms of functionality. We can only refer back to a Christmas ad for Google Assistant starring Macaulay Culkin to know that the technology is already here. Choose your AI assistant carefully.
- Siri from Apple: All of your data will be safe, since Apple worked with the makers to make sure that the data that gets transferred between the Apple devices and the accessories is encrypted. However, Siri might have some troubles in understanding your tasks. Also, as we already know, Siri is only exclusive to the Apple products. Also, due to the fact that Apple had some stringent privacy requirements, it took longer for all the smart home accessories that support Siri to actually hit the market. This means that there are not many devices available.
- Focus on environmental sustainability: Sure enough, the environment remains an important issue for both the tech and property sectors to address creatively. As more and more people look towards reducing their carbon footprint, developers and builders will need to keep themselves up to speed on the most important eco-friendly initiatives. Sure enough, manufacturers of prefab homes are looking towards home designs for optimum temperature control through ready-made insulated walls.
- Automation as a way forward: Considering the fact that intelligent homes revolve around providing comfort and convenience to homeowners, automation will certainly be a key feature in the coming years. From motion-sensor doors to electronic thermostats that adjust automatically, automation will no doubt provide the groundwork for intelligent communities.
- Intuitive aesthetics: Aside from making life easier, intelligent homes are also centered on providing the best in terms of design and presentation. Along these lines, homeowners are incorporating zen elements that can help achieve a cleaner look and feel to a property. One thing is for sure, they may as well make use of DIY approaches to keeping their lawns in good condition. In this case, they will need to consider their location first before giving their lawn a much needed upgrade. Sure enough, the scope of landscaping projects can vary from state to state. So, if you’re living in Richmond, for instance, you can find a Virginia DIY lawn care guide to help you spruce up your front lawn as though a professional had done it.