Even though a sizeable part of India’s population still has no access to electricity, the country’s renewable energy capacity has increased significantly. However, when it comes to clean energy, solar power is the fastest-growing sector, and its capacity surged from roughly 35,000 megawatts in 2019 to 39,000 in 2020. Moreover, there are several solar power solutions today, including PV panels for residential/domestic use, utility-grade power plants, and solar systems for commercial & industrial applications.
- The Disadvantages of PV Solar Panels
- How Solar Panel helps in reducing Carbon Emission
- Importance of Solar Energy for planning a green World
Additionally, in 2019, India had the second-largest PV power generation plant in the world, but the country still has a long way to go until it reaches its goal. However, out of all power solutions, photovoltaic panels have been the most popular and go-to choice for the Indian population. Furthermore, you can easily determine how much a solar panel installation will cost you and the savings you will gain by simply using a solar rooftop calculator. But first, let’s talk about the benefits of solar rooftop solutions and why they are gaining traction in India:
- Excellent Savings: If you invest in solar panels, you will end up saving a lot of money as your power bill will go down significantly. Since PV panels only require sunlight to create energy, which is free, the new electricity costs will offer excellent savings. If you wish to know how financially beneficial a solar panel installation will be, you can use the solar rooftop calculator for quick and efficient results.
- Better for the Environment: It goes without saying that renewable energy, including solar power, has no harmful effect on the environment, which is reason enough to invest in PV panels. Moreover, people working in the commercial and industrial sectors can make a difference to the environment by installing solar panels. The best part is that you only need to use a solar rooftop calculator to plan your budget and overhead costs accordingly.
- Low Maintenance: A great benefit of using solar panels is that they are not high maintenance at all, so you don’t have to worry about additional costs. Even better, most PV panels have a service life of up to 25 years, provided you take proper care of them.
- Government Subsidies: It is no news that adopting clean energy will have a positive impact on India as a country, but also the entire world. So, in order to push people to install solar panels, the government offers subsidies, which are typically up to 30 percent of the total installation cost. So, use the solar rooftop calculator to find out the installation cost and subtract subsidy amount to know your savings.
- Wide Application: While the primary purpose of solar panels is to generate electricity, they also have several other uses like hot water supply, hot water heating, and running an electric generator – making them a versatile product. So, whether you want to install PV panels for residential or industrial use, you don’t need any other power source.
Although solar panels have many benefits, it is essential that you don’t buy them without thorough research. Moreover, ensure you choose a well-established brand like Luminous that offers an online solar rooftop calculator. All you need to do to use the solar rooftop calculator is enter a few details like your pin code, monthly bill, and backup requirement, and you will have the result in a few seconds.
In addition, you can even book a free consultation with the experts at Luminous to know more about solar panel installation. So, get started with your solar journey today!