Beginning an IT career can be a thrilling and challenging experience. But when you know how to go about it, you can easily find your footing and let your career move upwards. With many opportunities available to the professionals who stand out with their skills, finding a job will be easier, especially when you got certified by a popular vendor like CompTIA.
In this post, we will talk about how to earn the Examsnap CompTIA A + certificate and pass the required exams so that you know what to expect. We will also explain the key reasons why you need to add this credential to your CV. Let’s get started by exploring more about the certification and its tests.
What should you know about CompTIA A+ certification exams?
This certificate involves two Core exams. These are 220-1001 and 220-1002. Both are designed to help the applicants develop their expertise in nine specific areas of technology that include the following:
- Operating systems;
- Software troubleshooting;
- Hardware and network troubleshooting;
- Mobile devices;
- Virtualization and Cloud computing;
- Operational procedures.
Each of these certification exams carries not more than 90 questions, which the students have to complete in 90 minutes. They include different types, such as multiple choice, drag and drop, and performance-based. As for the 220-1001 test, one has to score 675/900 points, while the passing score for the 220-1002 exam is 700/900. The total cost of these two tests is $452 ($226 each).
Why should you obtain CompTIA A+ certification?
CompTIA A+ is a great starting point for those individuals who want to launch their career in the IT industry. But this is not all the benefits of this credential. Let’s take a look at the key reasons why the students want to earn the A+ certificate.
- It is a widely respected certification. CompTIA A+ offers many professionals a chance to go after their career goals. This has happened through the skills it imparts in them. The skillset dealing with computer hardware as well as software has allowed the specialists to become competent in the areas they serve in their workplaces.And with the continued revision of Exam-labs CompTIA syllabus and resources, it’s now possible, more than ever, to hone their IT abilities and provide quality solutions. This is what made this credential highly respected in the industry.
- It is accepted globally. With the skills gained by the professionals after passing the 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams, many organizations and hiring managers recognize the credential associated with them. The global recognition is driven by the substantial knowledge base and skill set gained from the tests conducted for those individuals who prepare for them.These things signal to the employers that you’re ready to perform your role.
- It provides the best career opportunities. Any person with the CompTIA A+ certificate can confidently tell you about his/her exciting experience in the job market. Since this credential enhances your potential, you gain expertise to explore varied job titles in the IT field. Earning the A+ certification means that you have the ability to determine the direction of your career.Many companies use this CompTIA credential as part of their employment criteria. And with this, more opportunities that include job placement and promotion are available. To be precise, this certificate opens up a lot of opportunities for you in various IT roles. They include technical support specialists, help desk technicians, data support technicians, IT support specialists, and associate network engineers.
- It gives an opportunity to pursue advanced certifications. Starting at the Entry level, CompTIA A+ allows you to pursue more advanced skills and certificates. You can learn more to expand your knowledge base in an area of interest. Once you earn this credential, you can proceed to the next level that will make use of A+ as a prerequisite. The advanced certifications are Network+ and Security+. This will propel your career as both of them are recognized globally.
- It demonstrates that you take your career seriously.Your commitment to pass the 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams will be a great boost to see how you are viewed by your current or even potential employers. We all know that courage, dedication, and persistence are important things in preparing for any certification test. If you pass the A+ tests with flying colours, you will show the whole world that you are a qualified specialist and a worthy competitor.
- It offers a good paycheck. According to the ZipRecruiter report, the professionals with CompTIA A+ earn $53,149 per annum. As soon as you get this credential, your earning potential is enhanced.
- It grants a better work-life balance.Your entry into the IT world with the A+ badge gives you the flexibility to determine your work-life balance. This means that you’ll be in a position to choose where you would like to work. Therefore, you’ll avoid the need to work in a stressful environment that does not support your growth or better conditions for you. And a great work-life balance supports your career dreams as well as your personal life.
Anyone who is passionate about his/her career should find ways to improve it. Obtaining a credential is the right way. It is very important to know the importance of preparing for the related exams, as they determine whether you will ultimately get a certificate or not. As for CompTIA A + certification, it comes with numerous benefits that can help you shake the IT world.