Not all kinds of SM marketing campaigns are created in an equal manner. There are so many companies which are fully integrating SMS marketing into current business strategy and others, who might check it as only a side project. A survey was done by Scan Life, where it was stated that around 89% of customers will use mobile phones while trying to shop. Around 64% of Americans own smart phone as in 2015 research. Given this calculation, which companies do you think will have successful marketing programs or campaigns? Well, if you are actually on board with the art of SMS marketing, there are some pro tips and even some suggestions on ways you can maximize success well.
Start by creating a special SMS marketing team
Always remember that larger form of SMS marketing campaign is not quite DIY. You will obviously need various skilled professionals just to get the most out of the current marketing strategy. One or very few people might fill several of such roles but there are some selected handfuls of experts, who can clearly make a difference.
- Those experts are the retail expert, SMS marketing program-expert, coordinators for the on-location signage, social media experts, digital creative designers and lot more.
- Apart from the pros mentioned over here, you might even need help from promotion specialist, discount budget analyst, and even an ROI, to name a new.
- These areas are sorely in need of a lot of coordination. As the timeline for SMS is getting way more immediate than before, the marketing team is always in need to work rather closely and even communicate quite frequently about strategies, plans and proficient execution of plans.
- If you can get a complete form of SMS team, the benefits will turn out to be a lot greater than expected. You get the chance to create some awesome marketing strategies quite easily. For some more details on marketing strategies or church texting, experts are down to help.
Have to know your customers rather well
You are always requested to use CRM or Customer Relationship Management application. It is used for measuring the success of current messages. There are some ultimate guides available online, where you get the opportunity to learn more about the best CRMs available right now. You just have to keep your eyes wide open for the best service possible.
- You might have to work hard by analyzing purchase history and even some of the location-based demographics. It will help you to send right messages to the right set of customers.
- In case you are a cosmetics line, for example, avoid sending any anti-wrinkle coupon to any 20 year old for the store location in Houston, when that customer actually resides in Boston! Your message must match the demographics and geographical location of the customer unless it will be of no use!
- It is your duty to actually segment clients for the targeted promotions only. You can further send some bulk messages for generating sales and promotions, that anyone can take advantage of and anywhere.
Be sure to create some clear messages
It is mandatory for you to get straight to the point. With the limited characters in every message, you don’t have the liberty to write a thesis on your product or coupon codes. You just have 160 characters to express your point. Try to do it in as less as possible.
- Ensure that the messages are clear and concise and even written in plain and easily understandable English. Just because you are writing it short, that does not mean it will be meaningless. You should always try to not use emoticons, abbreviations and even in all caps.
- You should also avoid using open-ended messages. An example might explain this point clearly and precisely. An example of an open-ended message is one that will invite clients to sale but will not say when the sale is going to end. Here, the client has practically no idea if the sale is for a day or month.
- By providing any specified date when the sale is going to end or just putting up expiration date at one part of the coupon, clients are likely to be more knowledgeable about the event. It is mainly because you have successfully provided them with information regarding the coupon and some incentives too.
Adding the call to action buttons
Calls to action based buttons help in increasing the customer engagement with SMS marketing texts. That is exactly what you are expecting them to perform, which is to be engaged. It helps in valuing texts that you send or reading them, interacting with them and acting upon it. Some of the call-to-action or CTA examples are Show this text, Click here, Text to win, Text to vote and so much more. You can even add “Buy now” as another interesting CTA button to be added in the area of SMS marketing just for your use.
Have to get the timing right
It is true to know that SMS is all about immediacy. It will take people an average of just 3 minutes to open messages. The Client’s response to promotions, sales and even events promoted on SMS will be more effective whenever they are the last minute impulses. For example, if you have any store opening on coming Friday night, then send an SMS on Friday afternoon. In case you have dinner promotion, send it at end of workday but not in the morning!
Always be careful to not just tread on thin ice for the sake of sending SMS too early in the morning or quite late at night. The acceptable hours, in most cases, are between 8 am and 9 pm.
Follow the norms
Whenever you are planning to work on SMS marketing, make sure to follow the norms. Once you have done that, things might gladly work in your favor. Just be sure to go through the available options and things might start working out right in your favor.
Author Bio: Jack Dsouja is a freelance content writer. He has written many good and informative articles on different categories such as Business, SEO, marketing and Web Design. He is very responsible for his job. He loves to share his knowledge and experience with his friends and colleagues.