After starting a business, entrepreneurs have to promote it on different online platforms to increase its awareness among people, convince them about the usefulness of products/services, and sell them in maximum numbers. Traditional marketing tools are often very expensive for small businesses and their outreach is limited. So, Social media marketing can be an affordable alternative to reach your current and potential customers easily and generate more leads comfortably.
In simple words, Social Media Marketing is a new and promising way to promote products and services using different social media websites and increasing sales by leaps and bounds. Have a look at the main reasons why social media marketing is important for your business:
- SMM Affects Website’s Ranking on the Web: Sometimes you get incredibly embarrassing results even if launch well-planned content marketing and SEO campaigns. Different social networking websites play an increasingly important role to display websites/web pages on search engines. Google considers the social strength of a website while ranking it in its SERP. As a digital marketing specialist, you must always remember that search engines use fragments of actions in social networks (such as shares, likes, comments, etc,) to determine the relevance and reliability of your site or web pages. So, the more users engaged with your brand, the more it becomes easier for search engines to display your website in their SERPs. So, share high-quality content on different social networking websites and engage people with them to reap the benefits of the search result up to a great extent.
- Brand Promotion & Image Building: A decent ranking of your website in the SERPs of different search engines with the support of social networking allows you to significantly improve the company’s reputation in the market and attract a large number of customers easily and effortlessly.
- Custom Content Brings More Business Opportunities: According to eMarketer, 65% of users aged 18-24 years trust the information about the brand available on the Internet when they have to purchase a particular product. According to eConsultancy, two-thirds of consumers use different search engines to make purchasing decisions. Social networks are a great way to get the very desired user content and address it to the group of people who obviously care about up to a great extent.
- To Strengthen Your Influence in the Industry: Let’s assume that your customers really do not belong to those two-thirds of Internet users who pay a lot of attention to what is written about your brand on the Internet. Always keep in mind that our colleagues, opinion leaders, conference organizers, future employees, potential business partners, journalists, marketers and PR-specialists use networks daily and they use their social accounts to find your brand, communicate with you & get the products and services they need. So, using social media websites helps you to get connections that promote the development of your business on the web platform totally free of cost. So, study people, look for opportunities for dialogue, find sponsors of events, etc. Always keep in mind that social networking websites can give you the influence and visible presence to your brand that is necessary to be recognized and selected for special occasions. This is significant especially when your competitors have not a winning position on social media websites.
- Social Networks Increase Overall Reach of Your Brand: Always keep in mind that all of your fans and readers have their own fans and readers. So, if one of your Twitter followers has 100+ followers, then a tweet containing the link of your blog can spread your voice to several new people easily and effortlessly. They might become your fan in the future. One more advantage of your website’s presence of different social media is that it helps you to get an incredibly wide coverage on the Internet. Even if your readers never become regular consumers of your services or products, they still share your content among themselves and increase the number of your subscribers. You must always remember that search engines use this as an indicator that determines how important your page is for users.
- Searching New Clients Through Social Networking Websites is cheaper: One important way to measure the effectiveness of a marketing strategy is to calculate the ratio of the cost of attracting potential customers to the value of these customers and customers for your business in the short & long-term. This method may not be suitable for some types of companies, but you need to evaluate the development scenario honestly. Let’s understand it with an example- Suppose that SMM activities bring you one new customer per month. Compare these costs with other methods (such as Email Marketing) that you use to attract the same customer. Always keep in mind that the cost of attracting one client through e-mailing is much higher than the cost of attracting new people through social networks. For Email marketing, you need special software, staff to maintain it, and plenty of hours to create personalized newsletters. For a marketing strategy using social platforms, you do not need special equipment and it takes only a few hours per day/week. So, searching for new clients through social media websites is cheaper than other business marketing initiatives.
- SMM Increases the Effectiveness of other Marketing Activities: Even if you don’t evaluate the effectiveness of social networking websites in attracting new customers, their continued use will increase the effectiveness of the rest of your marketing efforts. Social networks and their active use help SEO professionals to increase the effectiveness of SEO campaigns, Email marketing efforts and various other online and offline marketing campaigns.
Final Words: The promotion of a company product or service through social media websites is called social media marketing. This relatively new internet marketing is very effective as it allows you to reach a new level of communication with your audience, increase brand awareness and generate more leads. The above-mentioned points indicate that SMM promotion is suitable for business organizations.
Author Bio: Robert Sumner works as a writer for Media Fortress, a Web Design and Small Business Marketing Agency in Australia. He is a web addict and spends too much time in front of the computer. When he actually manages to get away for more than 10 minutes, He would love to share the experience, knowledge, and thoughts with others on the web. For more blogs, you can follow him on Facebook, and Twitter.