So, you are going to move to a new house? Looking for the cost of the house movers Ontario or long-distance movers then you are in the right place. If you are moving to a nearby location then the cost of the moving will be less. But if you are moving long-distance then you might be thinking about doing it on your own. The cost of long-distance movers can be very high but exactly how much. So, before you start the process on your own, it is important for guessing the cost of moving company. So, you can make sure whether it is cheaper to hire a company or not. Let’s get a look at the cost of a long-distance moving company.
Related: Cost of living in Orlando
Cost of Long-Distance Moving Company
Normally, the companies charge $.50 per pound for long-distance moving and $2500 to $5000 per load According to our estimate a company charge averagely $2700 for a move. The price can be high or low depending on the weight of the things. There are other expenses too which are as follows:
- Mileage and Gas which depends on the distance.
- They also charge for insurance which is typically 1% of the price of the items.
- Moreover, extra charges for special items.
Cost of Moving On your Own
Well, if you have decided to move on your own then you have to do the long-distance driving. Other expenses that you must keep in your mind are:
- Rent of the Hired Truck which costs typically $30 to $40 per day and $.69 to $1.10 per mile.
- If you are moving very far then also consider the cost of a hotel stay.
- Food and Gas
- Also, you have to pay for the insurance of your belongings.
Other Expenses that cannot be measured:
- Other expenses include your time. You have to invest a lot of time moving like packing the things, loading in the truck, finding a truck for rental, driving and then unloading o the truck. It is a very lengthy and time-consuming process. It is not recommended if you are doing a job but if you do not have one then you can do this.
- Also, you will need help with loading and loading the truck. You can ask your family and friends for the volunteer but it is better for higher professionals. They will be on time and will do a good job.
- Another thing is your emotions. Maybe you are a very calm person but the moving process is very stressful. Moreover, you need to drive for very long with your belongings. So, make sure to control your emotions while moving.
Does It Worth Move on Your Own?
To know the answer, you need to compare the expenses with the cost of a moving company. You can talk to the representative of a company and he or she will give you a good estimate of the cost. In some cases, the cost is minimal so if that is the case then we will recommend you to hire a mover.
Some Tips for Making Packing Easier
Anyway, before moving to any new place, you need to pack your stuff. Packing all of your things for moving is a very daunting task. But there are some things that can help you make this task easier. So, here are some tips that can help you:
Starting the packing task is very difficult. We will recommend you to start packing things a week before your move. You need some stuff like boxes, tape, etc. to begin with. The important thing is to stay organized during the task.
The next thing to do is to focus on a single room at one time. It is important to make sure that nothing gets to mix up while packing. You need to pack the things separately for each room. So, when you reach your new home, you know which box contains the belonging of which room.
Label Your Packing
You also need to label each box with a proper description of the contents of the room. We recommend you to use different colored markers for each room.
While packing, keep things clear is very important. So, use packing paper instead of a newspaper and wrap them well.
Use Moving Boxes
Moving boxes are best if you are moving. They are specially designed to carry the moving things. Most of the boxes obtained from stores are not able to carry the weight of the items. It can result in damaging your belongings. So, be careful and buy different size boxes according to the size of the items.
Things You Cannot Pack
There are some things in every house that cannot be packed. So, read the list of what you can move or what you cannot.
Do Not Pack Important Things
There are some valuable things like legal documents, important papers, passport, etc. that you should not pack. Keep them in your custody as there is no alternative if you lost them. These were the tips that you should read before start packing your things. It will help you save your time and make the process easier for you.