About the course
Rethink the City is a FREE massive pen online course by TU Delft. This course will deal with the challenges faced by urban areas in developing countries. Spatial justice, housing provision and management will be debated about unlike the traditional urban strategies & policies. Enrollment is now open through the Edx.org online education platform. The course has a duration of six weeks between 3 to 4 hours per week and is aimed especially at undergraduate students, especially those in Latin America, Asia, and Africa, according to the course content.
1. Spatial justice
Spatial justice is undoubtedly one of the greatest challenges of urban contexts in emerging economies.
2. Housing Provision and Management
Increasing demand in the global south calls for alternative approaches in housing provision and management.
3. Urban Resilience
Understanding resilience not as a mere struggle for survival, but as an opportunity to build better urban environments.
This course is designed for undergraduate and master level students of architecture, urban planning and disciplines related to urban themes. Nevertheless, anyone interested on debating spatial justice, urban resilience and housing provision and management are welcome.
Discuss question such as:
- Is the just city framework applicable in cities with extreme socio-economic inequality?
- Can community-led housing initiatives provide effective solutions for households in need?
- How can resilience support development instead of perpetuating a disadvantaged condition?
What you can expect to learn:
- Alternative theories in spatial justice, housing provision and management, and urban resilience.
- Application of analytical tools and innovative solutions to contemporary urban challenges
- Develop a critical perspective about your own urban environment.
- New perspectives to understand and analyze the urban challenges of the global south.
ReThink the City prize!
One participant will be given the opportunity to participate in the 2017 summer school “Planning and Design with water” Cost of tuition fee, boards and lodging in Delhi and travel cost to Netherlands all will be covered under the prize!
More information can be found on here.
Disclaimer: The information presented above has been taken from the TU Delft website. Kindly visit the course page for more details.