EIS (Environmental Impact Statement)
The Environmental Impact Statement present below highlighted the points to be mentioned in an EIS. This EIS was written for a power plant in Irelend. The url of original sources have been presented at the last.
EIS Report Summary
Endesa Ireland Limited proposed to construct a 450 MW natural gas fired Combined Cycle Gas Turbine
(CCGT) power plant at Tarbert,County Kerry, Ireland and undertook its EIA, and the EIS was given in December 2009 by Mott MacDonald.
The project was divided in 2 phases –
Phase 1 – Commenced commercial operation by end of 2012 and involved the construction of a 305 MW Open Cycle Gas Turbine (OCGT) which fired on Natural Gas.
Phase 2 – Comprised completion of the development of the CCGT plant.
Phase 2 -It was anticipated that phase 2 will commence commercial operation in 2016. This involved the conversion of the Open Cycle Gas Turbine to a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT). This will increase the plant output from 305 to 450MW.
European Directives and International Agreements
The following lists the main European Directives, Regulations and Agreements which were applicable to the proposed development
- Environmental Impact Assessment Directive
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive
- Large Combustion Plants Directive
- Proposed Industrial Emissions Directive
- Seveso II Directive
- The National Emissions Ceiling (NEC) Directive
- The Kyoto Protocol to the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Emissions Trading Scheme
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Directive